The deadline for submission postmarks is October 1st.
- Themes: Predominantly western regional experiences, or LDS focus.
- Genres: Predominantly literary mainstream considered.
- Typing: Readable type (12 point) on regular white paper (8 1/2 x 11), double-spaced.
- Copy: Double-sided, back and front like a book (to cut paper bulk).
- Binding: Spiral binding only.
- Title Page: Include title page,but without author’s name.
- Hidden ID: Place title, real name, address, email address, phone number inside a sealed envelope.
- Title on Envelope: Remember to write the title (only) on the outside of the envelope.
- Qualifying: Any manuscript deviating from format will be disqualified.
- Returns: No returns unless SASE is included. No loose stamps, please.
- Postmark: Must be postmarked by October 1 each year.
- Previous Winners: Check out published novels by Jack Harrell, Todd Robert Petersen, Arianne Cope, Jeff Call, Robert Goble, John Bennion, and others.
Marilyn Brown Novel Competition
c/o Associate Professor Jen Wahlquist, Administrator
Department of English & Literature, Mail Stop 153
Utah Valley University
800 West University Parkway
Orem, UT 84058