- Jonathan Langford on YA Corner: Books About Couples
- Michael on YA Corner: Books About Couples
- Th. on Berlin and Brettler, “The Jewish Study Bible (Second Edition)” (reviewed by Bryan Buchanan)
- Moriah / Elizabeth on Berlin and Brettler, “The Jewish Study Bible (Second Edition)” (reviewed by Bryan Buchanan)
- Dennis Clark on in verse #46 : Filthiness, flood wood and rubbish
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Zombie lore is founded on the idea of thoughtless, mindless pseudo-people seeking to steal precious life—to no apparently constructive purpose. The twin terror of insatiable hunger and relentless pursuit by a foe that cannot be reasoned with speaks to an ultimate horror of battle that must be waged, but can never be won. If the battle of ideas can never be won, then I’m perfectly justified in characterizing the opposition as mindless, vapid, or unthinking, and casually dismissing them en masse.
The metaphor isn’t even remotely subtle. Continue reading
I write across a fair number of genres. Each form prides itself on telling True Stories that move beyond mere accuracy to expose underlying Reality. Even writers of “realistic” fiction carefully sift the many real and accurate possible details to find the one they perceive as most (contextually) powerful or interesting—leaving an awful lot of realism unrealized in any story.
This is not a rant against the definition of “real” or “true;” rather it’s a personal exploration of the usefulness of varied viewpoints in collision with the conventions of genre and the marketplace. Continue reading